How Can You Fix Mcafee Error 1406 when Installing Software?admin
When you are Mcafee installing software on your system, you may receive a message of Mcafee Error 1406, then don’t worry about it. This error indicates that the Installation of DE/EEPC fails on a supported 64-bit system that already has McAfee Agent (MA) build 220.127.116.11 installed. The causes of this getting this run time error, due to Corrupt download or incomplete installation of McAfee Antivirus software, Corrupted and damaged file, Corruption in Windows registry, or sometimes occurs when someone tries to install a piece of software. The error means Setup cannot write the value Assembly to the registry key. Well, you can easily Fix Mcafee Error 1406 when Installing Software; you will need to follow some procedures.
Methods to Fix Mcafee Error 1406 when Installing Software:-
Method1: – Running Your Software Application as Administrator
- First, you should try to run the application using as Administrator.
- Then go to the download folder where you save your downloaded files, or open that application .exe file of Mcafee antivirus software.
- Right click on the Mcafee application .exe file.
- Then, hit on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Follow on-screen instruction to install the antivirus software and see the error resolved.
If this method does not works, then go to method 2.
Method2: – Perform a Clean Boot
You should try to perform a clean boot and re-installing the software by the following way.
For Windows XP, Vista and 7:-
- First, log into your PC by entering your Administrator account credentials.
- Press “Start” button and then type msconfig.exe in the Search box, and then press “Enter” button.
- Hit on the “General” tab, then “Selective startup” option, and then the option to “clear the Load startup items”.
- Press on the “Services” tab, and then hit the “Hide all Microsoft services” option, and then press on “Disable all” option.
- Now tap on “OK” and then “Restart” button.
For Windows 8 and 8.1:-
- First, you have to click on “Search” button.
- Next, type “msconfig”, and then click on msconfig.
- Press on “General” tab, click on the “Selective Startup” option and then hit the “Clear the Load startup items” option.
- Next, you need a tap on “Services” tab and then press on the option ‘Hide all Microsoft services options. Then hit on “Disable all” option.
- In the “task manager”, choose “Startup” tab. Then select each Startup item and hit on “Disable”.
- Now it’s time to close the “Task Manager” and in the “Startup” tab of the “System Configuration dialog box”.
- Press on “OK” and then “Restart” option.
Method3: – Give Complete Permission to Software
Often, software doesn’t have full permission to complete setup steps. Then you have to need to immediately give permission by the following way to fix Mcafee Error 1406.
- On your PC, go to “Search” tab, and then type “Regedit”. Press on “Enter” button.
- When the Registry Editor open, then go to the left side to view a list of the locations provided in the error status bar. Make sure the location shown in the error starts with Software\.
- Then find the following location”
- Look for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\…
- After finding the final location, right click on the open folder which is present in the left side list, and then press on “Permission”.
- Choose “Administrators group” and then tap under the “Allow Checkbox” in front of Full Control.
- Choose “SYSTEM” group and check that “Full Control” is selected under the “Allow column”.
- In the “Permissions” dialog box, press on “Advanced” tab.
- Go to “Owner” tab and choose the “Administrators group” and then tick the checkbox “Replace Owner on Sub containers and Objects”. Then press on “OK”.
- Press on the “Permissions” tab, and then choose the option “Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object”
- Hit on “OK” and then close the entire window.
- Then try to re-install the application or software again.
If the error code still persists, then reboot your system and retry the installation process.
In this manner, you can troubleshoot Mcafee Error 1406.
Call at Mcafee Antivirus Customer Support Number To Get Help 24×7:-
In any case, you have any doubt or queries related to Mcafee Antivirus, so you could connect with our team of the skilled and certified Mcafee Antivirus technician at single dial at Mcafee Antivirus Support number, which is available 24×7/365 days for your help. Our skilled and certified professional will give you prompt technical support & solutions to all types of Mcafee Antivirus errors/issues.