How To Fix McAfee Certificate Error?admin
The McAfee Certificate Error shows that the browser is making an attempt to work with the wrong certificate feature while logging on to ePolicy Orchestrator section. This is found that the certificate error in McAfee also occurs when logging into an unexpected certificate error shown at the top of the browser window. After users have selected the “View Certificate” icon then, they may come across an error which will display that the wrong certificate has been displayed. This may have also occurred due updating the Server Certificate later which is mainly used for browser authentication process for ePO section.
Apart from above causes of this issue, other reasons are due to customized modification process being made to the server.xml file to go ahead with the updation phase of the key store file named for the orion.server.https connector. Our team of professionals experts have explained in details steps to Fix McAfee Certificate Error. For more information to user, it is essential for them to know that by default, ePO uses a self-signed certificate for authenticating the browser and this certificate is stored in the folder “.\\Server\Keystore” which is named as “server.keystore” file. Further the server.xml simply points to this file within the orion.server.https definition by making use of the following tags:
If users have modified this information into a different file name then, the server will start searching for this file in the \Server\Keystore folder at the beginning of the start-up phase as well as the time when browser connections are being attempted.
Steps to Troubleshoot McAfee Certificate Error
Step 1: Import the default self-signed certificate or a custom certificate
- The very first step is to import the default self-signed certificate or a custom certificate which will be named server.keystore.
- Now, carefully create a backup of the file …/McAfee/ePolicy Orchestrator/server/conf/server.xml.
- Edit the server.xml file extension and then, makes change to the keystoreFile=and keystorePass= lines back to the default mode which will appear as:
Related Blog: How to Fix McAfee Intrusion Service Failure Error 1053?
Step 2: Saving the file and managing it
- The next step is to save the file and then, restart the ePO services.
- Perform all the given below steps carefully:
- Click on the “Start and Run” icon Type the services.msc, command and hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Right-click on the following services and then, select the ‘Restart’ button. You will find all below mentioned messages:
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Application Server
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Server
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Event Parser
Dial at McAfee Support Number to Fix All McAfee Issues
To resolve more such problems related to McAfee, users are highly encouraged to get in touch at McAfee Antivirus Support Number and resolve issues faster with optimized tech support solutions delivered by our technicians. We are available 24*7 hours a day to assist users anytime for their queries with world-class answers.