How to Fix McAfee Antivirus Not Scanning Issue?admin
Is your McAfee Antivirus Not Scanning!!! Then don’t worry, we are here for your help.
Well, Mcafee antivirus is the best security software program, helps to protect & secure computer & mobile devices against the threat, virus, and malware. The users can easily install it from the official website and run the scanning process on a regular basis. However, sometimes users frustrated the problem that happens when “McAfee ‘Scan’ not working” or “VirusScan stops scanning” or “McAfee Antivirus wouldn’t scan”.
This problem caused due to many reasons includes MacAfee security software might have become damaged, might simply be out of date, and might not be working properly, MacAfee update issue, Firewall problem, and many others. To solve this issue, the users have to do immediate connection with our McAfee Technical Support team for an instant come up the situation with the best possible solutions.
Follow the Below Steps to Fix McAfee Antivirus Not Scanning Issue?
Method 1: Reboot system
Users require doing the rebooting process because often it solves the glitch to a larger extent.
Method 2: Enable Access Protection
- First open your Mcafee product.
- Then hit “Navigation” or “Click” on the cog at the top right.
- Hit the “General Settings and Alerts’ option.
- Now, open the “Access Protection” drawer and then choose “Use Access Protection” check box.
- Hit on the “Apply” button and then restart the PC.
Now, you can run a scan to completion.
Method 3: Download and Run ModifyCntxtId.exe file
- Users should download the “ModifyCntxtId.exe” tool from the following location.
- “http://download.Mcafee .com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/ModifyCntxtId.exe”
- After download and save the file to PC desktop, right-click on it “ModifyCntxtId.exe” and select “Run as Administrator” option.
- In the “User Access Control prompt”, hit the “Yes” button.
Method 4: Remove and Reinstall McAfee Antivirus
- Re-installation may also resolve this issue. To do this thing, the users need to go with the following instruction:
- Hit the “Install” button and start the installation process.
- During the installation process, the users also receive the notification process for the deletion of the existing Mcafee version.
- Then accept “all terms and conditions”, that appear on the screen.
- Once the Mcafee installed, it will scan in the midway to ensure that the system is clean.
- Then the users may repeat the scanning process.
For details on removing and reinstalling the Mcafee Antivirus process, the users do call us at our McAfee Antivirus Support Number for proper guidance & support.
Method 5: Check third-party security software
After applying all the methods, if still, this issue is not resolved, then the users must check the other security software, maybe it causes a conflict with the MacAfee antivirus program. Then remove incompatible third-party applications and then restart the system again to check.
In any case, you have any queries related to MacAfee issues or errors, so you can connect with our McAfee Customer Support team for prompt services & solutions.